BenQ Expands Its Award-Winning RL Series with the RL2450HT
24”W 16:9 Full HD LED; HAS, 2ms GtG; Black eQualizer; RTS Gaming Mode; Display Mode; Smart Scaling
TAIPEI, TAIWAN, January 16, 2011 – An internationally renowned provider of digital lifestyle innovations and LED monitor expert, BenQ announced the expansion of its world-renowned RL Series professional gaming monitors with the launch of the RL2450HT. The RL Series was co-developed by ZOWIE GEAR, an innovative manufacturer of high-end professional gaming gears, along with STARTALE, a world-class StarCraft 2 professional gaming team sponsored by BenQ since 2011, and has received international recognition for its outstanding design, capability and performance. Building on the award-winning heritage of the RL Series and BenQ’s unique philosophy of “Gaming Is in the Details”, the new addition targets top-level RTS gamers who are looking for added viewing flexibility and comfort on top of unprecedented level of control, accuracy and enjoyment. The RL2450HT features 24”W 16:9 Full HD LED screen with 2ms GtG response time, Black eQualizer, RTS Gaming Mode, Display Mode and Smart Scaling and can accommodate various viewing height and angle thanks to the Height Adjustment Stand (HAS) design.
“We’re pleased to announce that the new RL2450HT is already generating a lot of excitement in the professional gaming community,” said Peter Chen, EVP and General Manager of BenQ Technology Product Center. “We also have great news to share about the RL2240H – our very first RL Series model which has been a tremendous success in Germany, Northern Europe and Russia since it was first launched last October. It has received recognitions from all around the world, making the list as “The Best Monitor Display” on the 2011 China Sina Digital Online Award Contest and outshining seven other monitor displays as the “Best Quality and Price Product” on Computer Hoy, Spain’s most influential magazine. The RL2240H also received great reviews for its excellent picture performances for RTS gaming on Debreprogramy, Poland’s largest software and information technology site. We are also expecting to hear more positive feedbacks from the Asia Pacific region and Japan.”
The upgraded RL2450HT professional gaming monitor is truly BenQ’s most timely response to gamers’ anticipation and enthusiastic demands for more viewing comfort and flexibility. It has everything the RL2240H has to offer – plus a big 24”W 16:9 Full HD LED display and a height-adjustable stand. Their shared features include:
- Black eQualizer: This exclusively designed color engine technology reveals critical combat details with improved visibility in darkened areas. Gamers can adjust the screen brightness without over-exposing white levels and in turn screen critical combat details speedily with added gameplay comfort.
- RTS Mode: This out-of-box preset mode, like Black eQualizer, is another feature that is co-developed by STARTALE players. It tailors the monitor calibration accordingly to optimize the display setting for RTS gaming convenience and ease.
- Display Mode: Created to accommodate individual viewing preferences, the Display Mode allows gamers to interchange between seven screen sizes from 17″ (4:3), 19″ (4:3), 19″W (16:10), 21.5″W (16:9), 22″W (16:10), 23″W (16:9) to 24″W (16:9).
- Smart Scaling: This unique feature complements the Display Mode perfectly, allowing gamers to manually scale the screen to any custom size.
- Signature Black-and Red Design: The RL2450HT has inherited the same classic black-and-red housing as the XL2420T, BenQ flagship professional gaming model. However, it does come in a red-and-white design for those favoring a more sophisticated look and feel.
The collaboration with ZOWIE GEAR and the STARTALE players offered BenQ’s elite R&D team insider perspectives on details that were essential to winning the game, particularly the ability to acquire, assess and respond to information quickly. Together, they brought to life BenQ’s design philosophy of “Gaming Is in the Detail”. Now with the increased screen size and the height adjustment design, BenQ turns competitive gaming into hours of enjoyment and total success. You can look for the RL2450HT in the upcoming IEM World Championship where it will be presented to the world with BenQ’s full lineup of professional gaming monitors.
Available for purchase now in Europe, the RL2450HT will be heading to North America,China, Asia Pacific and Taiwan soon. For more information, please visit www.BenQ.com and gaming.benq.com
- About BenQ Corporation
BenQ Corporation, a leading provider of networked digital lifestyle devices, is a multi-faceted company with strengths in product design, visual technology and mobile technology. BenQ offers unrivalled breadth and depth of products and integrated technologies across platforms through the brand promise of “Bringing Enjoyment ‘N’ Quality to Life,” including digital projectors, LCD monitors, LCD TVs, digital cameras, eBook readers, mobile computing devices, storage devices, and human interface devices such as mice and keyboards.
- About BenQ Group
The BenQ Group is currently comprised of companies that operate independently while sharing resources and leveraging synergies among them. The BenQ Group companies include BenQ Corporation, AU Optronics Corporation (world’s top 3 manufacturer of large-size TFT-LCD panels), Qisda Corporation, Darfon Electronics Corporation, BenQ Materials Corp., BenQ Guru Corp., BenQ Hospital, BenQ Medical Technology, BriView Corp., Daxin Materials Corp., Darwin Precisions, Ltd, Dazzo Technology Corp., Forhouse Corp., SiPix Imaging, Lextar Electronics Corp., Raydium Semiconductor Corp. and Wellypower Corp.