Ford Philippines released the Ford EcoSport and my first impression is that it looks like a bloated Ford Fiesta… but hey that’s just me. There are some things that I like about the Ecosport and I’m here to tell you that.
First of all the Water Wading capability, it can go though 500mm of water without a problem. Just in case you don’t want to measure that’s basically the height of it’s tire, somewhere knee high or higher.
You can do something like this..
It’s especially useful in the Typhoon season when the big ones come, we are bound to get atleast one huge Typhoon that will cause floods, and the Ford EcoSport can mostly go though all of them! Just make sure you know what you’re doing.
With 200mm of ground clearance, you can mostly traverse the moon surface esque roads of the Metropolitan area and provincial back roads.
Other than those I don’t find anything else interesting about the EcoSport. The Ford EcoSport will be available starting April of 2014 but you can preorder it now. They’ve announced four variants with the following prices.
- Ford EcoSport 1.5L Ti-VCT Titanium AT: PhP 975,000
- Ford EcoSport 1.5L Ti-VCT Trend AT: PhP 875,000
- Ford EcoSport 1.5L Ti-VCT Trend MT: PhP 825,000
- Ford EcoSport 1.5L Ti-VCT Ambiente MT: PhP 775,000
They all have the same engine so performance will be close together, but I’d start at the Trend MT Trim level and go from there. With the Trend MT Trim you get 16″ alloys, smarter Trip Computer, and Ford SYNC amongst other things.
You can view the Ford EcoSport at all Ford Dealerships or catch it at the Roadshow.
- January 31 to February 2 at Bonifacio High Street
- February 7 to February 9 at Alabang Town Center
- February 14 to February 16 at SM Marikina
- February 21 to February 23 at Glorietta 5 Atrium
- February 28 to March 2 at SM Mall of Asia
- March 21 to 23 at SM Cebu
Visit Ford Philippines Facebook page, Twitter, and Website for more information.